House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said that if the GOP wins the House in November, he will set up a committee on China to investigate the origins of COVID-19. He said the GOP would also look into whether President Joe Biden and his family made millions of dollars in deals with the Chinese Government while Biden was vice president.
“When we take the majority, we will create that committee on China, and it will be a bipartisan committee, so you will have one American voice on how we can compete where China comes in and captures the critical minerals when they come in and capture our medical supply and others,” McCarthy said on Fox News this past Sunday, according to Business Insider.
[source: The Daily Wire]
During that interview, McCarthy brought up a claim from Peter Schweizer, president of the right-leaning think tank Government Accountability Institute, who in January said Biden’s family had received “some $31 million from Chinese individuals who are linked to the highest levels of Chinese intelligence” while Biden was vice president.
“We might have to go further. You might just have to be able to have a further investigation just within this family. What are they doing, and where did this money come from?” McCarthy added during his interview on Fox. “You take the actions of the Democrats — I do not know what China has on these people, but it must be so powerful because the actions at every turn stop and harm us but protect China.”
McCarthy previously said he would launch seven investigations into the Biden administration if Republicans won a majority in the House of Representatives, Axios reported in December. The outlet noted that the seven investigations would include:
- IRS: Leak of a “vast cache of IRS information” about billionaires to ProPublica.
- National Security Agency: Tucker Carlson last summer accused the spy agency of targeting his show’s communications. The NSA said he was never an “intelligence target.”
- Parents: Attorney General Merrick Garland’s vow to mobilize the FBI against “threats of violence against school board members,” after the National School Boards Association used the phrase “domestic terrorism.” The association apologized for its letter.
- Border: Record levels of illegal immigration.
- COVID: Origins of the virus, and CDC communications about school closures and mask mandates.
- Afghanistan: Decisions behind the withdrawal, and an accounting of Americans who remain stranded.
- JEDI: A disputed cloud-computing contract.
Hunter Biden arranged multiple business deals with close allies of Chinese President Xi Jinping, squeezing $6 million out of the relationship before things went sour.
Hunter’s association with the Chinese allegedly comes through a business partnership he opened with the China Energy Fund Committee (CEFC). Any cooperation with CEFC expanded China’s despotic global hegemony, and the Bidens’ bank accounts, at the cost of U.S. national security.
The Democrats are done for.
Author: Nolan Sheridan